The best farming technologies
What are the best cultivation and processing techniques for all current and future sea farmers? Commercially viable sea farming requires high-tech machinery and management systems to optimize production. Researchers, engineers, operators, IT developers and others need to collaborate to develop the needed equipment and find a way to make it available for all farmers. It holds the promise for more automation and valorisation in a Dutch-designed industry of sea farming.
What is required?
- More automated farming to conduct real-time monitoring and intervening.
- For instance remote monitoring solutions for sea farmers to minimize cost and safety risk
- Conduct research pilots for new, large-scale breeding and processing equipment and machinery
- Robust systems, suitable for the offshore environment that will support the ecosystems
- Cost-effective and commercially viable systems
- Strategic Environmental Impact Analysis to calculate climate impact
What do we do on this topic?
- Project ProSeaweed
- Project IMPAQT
- Project 'Akkerbouw op zee - TCS'
- Project 'Seaweed for Innoport Scheveningen'
- Research Ecological Impacts on NSIL (part of ProSeaweed)
- Working Group Cultivation & Breeding